Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Back to School

Today is Jaxon's first day back at pre-school after being out last week with an upper respiratory infection. The poor kid had the worst cough, but he didn't let it slow him down. He was his usual chipper self and still running around like a madman. We went about our usual activities, just occasionally he'd stop to cough up a lung. I thought he would get bored after a week at home with Mom, but he actually seemed okay with having some one-on-one time with me. I tried to keep him entertained, but I know he enjoys hanging out with his buddies and figured he'd be thrilled to return to school.

Well, let's just say he wasn't "thrilled" when we woke him up this morning. He was quite the grump as we were getting him ready. He didn't want to get out of bed. He was not cooperative about brushing his teeth and getting dressed. He didn't want to eat breakfast. He was just an all-around delightful child! We were completely convinced that we had made a sound decision to have another! He's never really been a morning a person, a trait he inherited from his mother, but I thought he would be a little more pleasant about seeing his friends again.

Happily, Anh reported a dramatic mood change when they arrived at the school. Jax smiled when they pulled up and bounded out of the car, eager to get inside. When they entered his classroom, all of his little buddies immediately ran over to greet him. Jax flipped the switch and became Mr. Personality. I guess he was happy to return afterall!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Ya Shannon! I'm so GLAD to hear Jax is feeling better and glad to get back to school. I guess, after a week home with Mama its hard to go back to your old routine. Just like when you have a job and have a nice long vacation.. the first morning back is the hardest!

Yes, she is part Filipino and she gets it from Tony's side. His Grandma is part Filipino. You wouldn't know by looking at her, though. She gets the fairness from my side. My Grandma is a real dark Italian lady and my Grandpa was a fair Irish/German.. My Mom came out with red hair and blue eyes! Sofia, must have taken some of those traits.. she has blue eyes, but she didn't get the red hair. Her hair is pretty dark :0) Its funny though, from the side she looks like her Daddy! haha.

I hope your feeling well! I'm sure your ready for bebe numba 2!

Unknown said...

Dramatic mood swings? Mr. Personality? Sounds like his Daddy. ;)