Thursday, May 22, 2008

Homecoming

They kicked us out of the hospital a day early! Yippee! The docs said Baylor and I were making the other mommies and babies look bad because of our awesome progress. Just kidding, but they did seem surprised by my eagerness to be up and about after the surgery. They might have just wanted to clear the room though. There seemed to be some sort of baby boom during our stay. Even though the ward was close to displaying a no vacancy sign, the staff was beyond incredible to us. The celebrity treatment wasn't enough to keep us there though. I was ready to head home!

Anh & I decided it would be fun to surprise Jax by picking him up from school as a family. All of the teachers saw me in the front seat and came rushing over to meet Baylor. When Jax realized his brother was in the car, he lit up with excitement. Jax just stared at him the whole ride home and kept saying, "I love my baby brother." I'd say he definitely seems to be enjoying having a little buddy to look after.

Our first night at home has been pleasantly quiet. Baylor seems content with the surroundings. Good to know he approves of his new pad. Jax seems to completely accept the newest member of the family, and Anh and I aren't feeling overwhelmed yet. Note the use of the word "yet." Stay tuned for what I'm sure will become complete chaos in the near future. I mean, it's pretty much unavoidable now that I'm surrounded by testosterone, but I wouldn't have it any other way. ; )




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big Congrats on the birth of Baylor. Glad to hear that you and your new little man are doing so wonderful. Jax looks like he is going to be a great big brother.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I'm getting teary eyed because of how Jax said. "I love my baby brother." That is so amazingly sweet!

And from the car seat pictures it looks to me that Baylor looks more Asian than Jax did at his age. He's so cute I cannot wait to meet him!