I have jokingly referred to myself as an evil Mommy many times before, but today I really do feel like one. Today I had to take Baylor for his circumcision. What a horrible experience! I'll share the good news first. There were no complications. All looks "good" which isn't exactly pretty at this point, but everything should heal beautifully within a few days. I felt so bad handing him over to the "torturer," and then my stomach sank when I heard him crying from the back room.
After about 10 minutes, they brought him back to me, and he was so upset. Can't say I blame him! They showed me what they had done, and that's when I really felt bad. Poor kid! You would think I would have been more prepared for this considering this is my 2nd boy, but I wasn't. I still felt terrible about putting my little guy through such a painful procedure. The nurse assures me that he won't hold a grudge, and it's what she would do if she had a son. I plan to pamper him with tons of attention tonight in effort to make him and myself feel better.
As a side note, I also saw the doc for my 1 week postpartum check and all looks good for me. My incision pain is gone, but I'm still experiencing a little internal soreness, nothing extreme just a little tender. They said I should continue to take it easy. I guess it's a good thing I didn't share that I haven't exactly been taking it easy. I'm not running marathons, but I haven't been lounging around either. I've already resumed my regular routine. I just had to move a little slower for the first few days. I'm almost back to regular speed now though.
So aside from a little self-imposed guilt, I'm doing well. I suspect Baylor will have a rough night and not be his usual easy-going self, but I'd say he's entitled to inflict a little emotional pain on me given what I put him through today. Let's hope that nurse is right about him not holding a grudge!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment