On the drive, Grandfather asked Jax whether there was anything he needed Grandfather to buy while he was running errands. A risky question considering Jax tends to have expensive taste. Upon hearing this, I immediately feared Grandfather was about to tell me that we were the proud owners of a brand new battery-operated Jeep that Jax had visited once again at Toys R' Us the previous day. To my relief, Jax had simply requested the very annoying bicycle horn that had been picked out at Toys R' Us with Grandfather, but vetoed by an evil Mommy that didn't want to annoy every neighbor on the block.
After dropping Jax off, Grandfather shared that all went well until they arrived at school when Jax suddenly went clueless about which door led to his classroom. Oops, I had forgotten to share that little detail. Actually, I didn't forget. I just figured that if the kid can clearly direct you across town to the school, playground, Krispy Kreme, car wash, Target, and Toys R' Us, he should be able to remember which door leads to his classroom. Wrong!
Grandfather reported that Jax was a little shy about introducing his chauffeur to the class, but his classmates weren't shy about introducing themselves to Grandfather. A little girl named Michelle seemed eager to interrogate Grandfather about his hat. She shared that she also had a hat, a princess hat. Oh, the stimulating conversations that you can have with a preschooler! How Grandfather was able to pull himself away, I'll never know.Fast forward to this afternoon when Grandfather picked him up. Grandfather asked Jax what he wanted to go do, despite the fact that Mommy had clearly instructed Grandfather that a nap was the big after school activity, otherwise we'd all be dealing with an evil little Gremlin this evening. Thank goodness (never thought I'd say that about a really annoying noisemaker), Jax answered, "Go get my horn." Grandfather showed Jax the horn that he had picked up for him that day and they headed home.
The nap never did happen, by the way. Looks like I'm in for a fun evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment