Today Baylor turned 1 week old! At his check-up, we made quite the first impression on the clinic staff. After stripping him down for his weigh-in, the nurse made the mistake of inserting the rectal thermometer. She opened the flood gates, and Baylor proceeded to poop all over the scale. Thank goodness for the thin layer of tissue he was laying on. At least clean-up wasn't too bad. As if that didn't cause enough laughter, Baylor then let the loudest fart rip as Anh picked him up off the scale. I think I might have torn some stitches, I was laughing so hard. Everyone immediately looked at Baylor's butt expecting to see poo dripping down Anh's arm and shirt, but thankfully, it was only air that he passed.
We started the whole weigh-in process over with fresh tissue and discovered that Baylor's weight had dropped to 8 lbs, 3 oz from his 8 lbs, 6 oz birth weight. Not too bad. From there, we made our way to the exam room. We learned that the very slight heart murmur that they had detected in the hospital was improving and was looking like it would be nothing to worry about. Thank goodness! Baylor was less than cooperative about letting his doctor, Dr. N, look at his eyes and mouth. I guess he was holding a grudge after the whole thermometer thing.
Dr. N said, "Baby's job is to breathe, eat, sleep, and poop. He breathes, eats, sleeps, and poops so he's perfect." Good to know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment