Anh doesn't nag me about much. He knows better. More often than not, it works the other way around. He does, however, regularly complain that I watch things on tv that he considers inappropriate when Jax is around. Now before your minds start racing about what the heck I'm watching, let me explain. I am a crime show junkie. I watch them all. If you've seen any of these shows, you know that usually the episodes open at a crime scene or with the viewers actually witnessing the crime. Anh thinks the footage is too mature for Jax and makes a big deal about distracting him or covering his eyes so he doesn't see what's happening.
Since Jax is three now and does pick up on a lot more, I do agree that we should be more careful about what he views on tv. It dawned on me that he understood what was going on when he started saying things like, "oh, yucky," when they'd show a bloody scene or "somebody's in trouble," when there was a shooting. So I programmed the tivo to record my shows, and I watch them after Jax goes to bed or while he's napping.
WELL...the other night, it was my turn to take issue with what Anh was letting him watch and look at. Anh was looking through his surgery texts in preparation for a surgery he had the next day, and I sure you can guess who was sitting right next to him. Jax was mesmorized by the surgery pictures. I walked in and told Anh to take the books away from him, but when Anh tried Jax said, "No, I'm studying!"
As if that wasn't bad enough, later that same night, I discover Anh and Jax curled up on the couch looking at the laptop. I figure they're looking at Anh's regular sites, ESPN.com or CNNSI.com, but when I walk by, I realize they're actually watching a surgery video. Jax is just completely amazed. I kind of flip out and ask why in the world Anh is letting him watch something like that when he goes nuts over violent scenes on tv, and Anh tries to rationalize that the surgery video and texts are educational.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment