Sunday, June 1, 2008

Another Round of Pirate Golf


Our family tends to be a tad competitive. If you've ever spent a Christmas or Thanksgiving with us, then you know how intense games can become with everyone fighting for victory to maintain their bragging rights from the previous holiday get-together. So, it should come as no surprise that in our family a friendly game of miniture golf can take on the competitive spirit of, oh let's say...the Masters! That's exactly what happened Friday night when we decided to challenge Grandfather to a round of Pirate Golf.

Grandfather walked away victorious with a score of +2. Technically, Anh and I tied at +9, an improvement over our first round scores a few weeks ago. BUT, I must point out that while Anh bogied 3 holes, Jax and I both managed to pull off a hole-in-one! Yep, as amazed as I was by mine, everyone was stunned when Jax nailed his perfect putt. Maybe he will be the next Tiger!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anh had 3 double bogies! For a total of 47 on a par 38. Shannon maxed out one hole with a 6; with out that she would have beat Anh by 3 strokes at least. Jax won with a handicap of 27 on his score of 66 for a total of 39. Grandfather had a 40 plus almost lost $1.50 because Jax kept trying to pick-up his ball marker; a quarter. Baylor slept the entire round with Grandma but as soon as his parents took him he left the biggest diaper to date. Who says kids don't understand?

GF
ps Shannon doesn't allow handicaps; isn't she a sweet and supporting mother.

Shannon said...

GF obviously knows a little more about golf lingo than I do. That was indeed one nasty diaper.

Unknown said...

A hole in one!!! Jax is amazing!

And that's too funny about Baylor's perfect timing. I knew I would like him!

Somewhere I Have Never Been...Sometimes I am. said...

i love the pictures! We miss you guys!