Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fore!

A few months ago, I decided to take up golf. BUT, I haven't really done much to pursue my new interest. So far, the best I've managed is 2 rounds of mini golf, and I've spent the last 2 days watching the U.S. Open. I now remember why I decided to take up golf in the first place. It's completely fascinating! The scenery is beautiful, and while you have to be somewhat fit to walk the course while lugging a heavy bag of clubs (assuming you don't take the easy way out & use a golf cart - which I'm totally going to do, by the way), it really seems to be a game of strategy which I love. I really need to actually take some steps to playing or at least go to the driving range to practice my swing before I decide to take on an actual course. Okay, it's probably more realistic that I book a tee time for a 3rd round of Pirate golf. Baby steps, People!

Oh, but speaking of watching the U.S. Open. We were watching the finals today, and it came right down to the wire between Tiger Woods and Rocco Mediate. Of course, everyone LOVES Tiger Woods (myself included), but I really found myself rooting for Rocco the big time underdog. So it comes down to one stroke. Tiger has to nail his putt to tie with Rocco to force a playoff round tomorrow. Tiger is Tiger. So, of course, he nails it. Well, like the rest of the U.S. Open crowd, Anh hollers with excitement, but unlike the crowd at the U.S. Open, we have a little baby that was sleeping peacefully in his swing. Poor Baylor startled and started flapping his little arms so violently I swore he was about to take off like a bird out of his swing. Then, he just passed back out without even opening his eyes. It was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. I so wish I could mount a video camera to my forehead for events just like this.

No comments: