Wednesday, June 11, 2008

3 is the New 2

I'm thoroughly convinced that 3 is the new 2! This theory has been brewing in my head since January 10th (Jaxon's b-day), and today Jax assured me that the theory is now FACT. Here I was thinking, "Whew! We made it through the terrible two's without much to complain about. I really do have a good kid." But, now I realize that the nightmare was simply delayed. My kid was saving it up to torture me a year later.

He's still a good kid compared to some others that I've been around. He just knows how to push my buttons now. He's brilliant, really. He's clearly paid attention over the past 3 years and knows exactly what behaviors and attitudes will irritate me. Instead of using his powers for good, he uses them for evil. You'd think he'd avoid the "bad" behavior and earn brownie points with Mommy that would result in rewards. Oh no! He'll look straight at me when he's doing something that he knows is wrong waiting to see my reaction. He knows when my patience is limited and rather than laying low decides that is the perfect moment to act out.

I only wish I could blame it on the new baby. That would be the easy excuse. I just really don't think it has anything to do with Baylor though. I think Jax is just testing his boundaries, and at this point it's turned into a battle of wills. He obviously doesn't know that he inherited his stubbornness from his mother. I will win the battle and the war! So bring it on, kid!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Jax! I forgot to tell him to try wills on Daddy only. He doesn't know his Mom would prefer to sit in time-out for hours instead of telling her little brother "I'm sorry."

Jax learn to live with her; she won't change and she won't give in.

Oh yeah; Poor Anh.

GF