I just heard that we are once again under a water boil notice. Evidently lightening struck our water treatment plant which caused the water pressure to drop, and that evidently can lead to unsafe drinking water. I don't know what it is about this state, but this is a regular occurance. Not lightening striking the water treatment plant, but water boil notices. Since moving down a year ago, this has to be at least the 15th time this has happened.
Before we were Floridians, I can only remember one time when we were under notice. Maybe I just missed the notice for all the other ones and was drinking the tainted water which could explain a lot! Okay, seriously, let's hope that wasn't the case. Anyway, so I had to bust open the hurricane kit that I put together last summer and use some of the bottled water because a certain little piggy couldn't wait for me to boil and cool safe, clean water. No, he just had to have a bottle right then, the very instant I was reading the notice. At least I had some bottled water on hand. Otherwise, we'd have been in a heap of trouble.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That happened to us when we lived in Nola...all the time. We invested in Kentwood!
Post a Comment