Yesterday was the first day of Jax's summer school session. Instead of focusing on curriculum, they'll be doing more "fun" activities. There are even a few "water" days scheduled when he'll need to wear his swimsuit to school. Boy, his teachers are brave!
When I picked Jax up yesterday afternoon, he didn't spit out the typical report. You see, usually he tells me that he ate all of his lunch, played on the playground, and sang songs. I guess I asked the same boring questions too many days in a row at the beginning of the school year. So he just started spitting out the answers as soon as I see him so he won't have to suffer through the boring questions for a millionth time. But, not yesterday!
No, since yesterday all I've heard about is that Mrs. Howe, Michelle, Baylor, and Gonzi weren't there. Well, Mrs. Howe retired at the end of the regular school year. So that explains her absence. I think Michelle is the princess that once introduced herself to Grandfather, but she's not someone that Jax ever mentions. So, I'm not sure why he was so concerned that she wasn't there. Baylor and Gonzi's absence would understandably distress Jax though. These are his two best friends.
Oh and since I know you're wondering...No, we didn't name the baby after Jax's best friend. It's just a strange coincidence that Jax befriended a kid whose unusual name just happened to be the same as we chose for our next child. And, yes, there has been some name confusion. When I was pregnant and we talked about Baylor being in Mommy's tummy, Jax would tell me that he "had a Gonzi in his belly." So we started referring to the baby as Baby Baylor. Then after the baby arrived and Jax would talk about Baby Baylor at school, Baylor got upset thinking that Jax was calling him a baby. I think we've straightened out the confusion now, thank goodness.
Anyway, so now I've got to do some investigating into what happened to Baylor and Gonzi. I spoke with both of their moms at the end-of-the-year program, and both told me that they would be there for summer school. Hopefully, they just coincidentally were both out on Tuesday and didn't end up choosing different days to attend.
The one positive that Jax did report is that Sophie was there. Sophie is his first girl friend, a friend that is a girl. Jax told me that she does not try to kiss him. Good girl, Sophie. Keep your mitts off my son.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment