Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ding Dong

By now, you all know that the sound of our doorbell usually results in presents or evacuations. Thank goodness, today it was presents! Jax raced to the door after hearing the bell and was SUPER excited to see a box with his name on it sitting on the doorstep. Jax easily recognizes his name now because he has recently become obsessed with signing his name. At least a couple of times a day, he'll walk up to me with a pen and say, "I want to sign my name." It doesn't usually stop at his name either. He wants to write EVERYONE'S name: Mommy, Daddy, Grandfather, Grandma, Ba Ba, Ong Noi, Uncle Al, Aunt Kelly, Aunt Nguyen, Aunt Emily, Uncle Kyle, Aunt Glenda, and most recently Baby Baylor. Sometimes he even wants to write the doggies' names! It really can get out of hand! But, I'm getting off topic.

With Mommy's help, Jax opened his package to discover all sorts of goodies from Grandfather and Grandma. He let out a big gasp when he saw Kung Fu Panda toys (his latest movie obsession) and paused momentarily to play with them until he realized there was more in the box. He also received a few more Cars characters to add to his ridiculously extensive collection, a new "Little Scout Buddy" baseball cap (the best his Grandfather could do to turn him into a Cub/Boy Scout since he's too little to officially join), and some other trinkets and snacks. Oh, and there were a few more BPA-free bottles for Baylor. Grandfather and Grandma would never forget the baby.

Grandfather had actually informed me about the package and most of it's contents a few days ago. Therefore, I knew about one particular item that he was going to include and was anxiously waiting to see what Jax's reaction would be. It's nothing grand. Grandfather had included a little metal tally counter. I have no idea if that's what it's really called, but I'm not really sure how else to describe it. Anyway, growing up, we had one, and it was always used as an alligator counter when we went out boating. When I explained to Jax that Grandfather had sent him an "alligator counter," wouldn't you know it...there were suddenly alligators EVERYWHERE, just like when Aunt Glenda sent the "bear whistle." At least this thing won't wear out Mommy's nerves quite so fast. Speaking of the bear whistle, I wonder whatever happened to that thing? Daddy must have "lost" it.

No comments: