Thursday, June 12, 2008

Party People

Tonight I attended my very first "retail" party. My friend, Trish, was the hostess. Never having been to one of these functions before, I was a little unsure what to expect. Since I knew she was pushing food products and there would be samples, I was all for trying something new. Anh and the boys went with me because the plan was for them to take off with Lou, Trish's fiancee, for some "guy fun." However, once we got there, and Anh realized there was food, he wasn't bolting out the door as planned, and since Jax has always loved a party, he was quite happy to see a room full of people and had no desire to leave. We all just ended up staying and hanging out.

Lou and Trish live in a large oceanfront condo, and it was really nice hanging out on their balcony enjoying the view, drinks, and snacks. There was a 7-year old girl at the party with her mom, and she helped entertain Jax for a while. He's a sucker for older women and blondes! Jax also got a kick out of Lou's saltwater fish tanks with sea horses, shrimp, and some crazy alien-looking crab. Thank God he didn't ask for one though. As Lou described how "easy" they were to care for, all I could think was "I don't need one more living thing to worry about right now." It didn't help that Lou and I also seem have quite a different definition of the word "easy." At least he'll be pleasantly surprised when he has a baby and discovers they aren't quite as complicated as seahorses. ; )

So it was a fun evening with friends that lightened our wallets just a little. We placed our order for some yummy cake, bread, and drink mixes. If you spend the 4th of July with us, you might even get to try some of the purchases. Anyone interested?

No comments: