Anh and I went on our first "date" nine years ago today. I use the word "date" loosely because it really was just lunch in the dining hall at Philmont Scout Ranch, but in Middle-of-Nowhere, New Mexico that definitely qualifies as a date. Sad, huh?!
Anh and I were both working at the scout ranch for the summer. He was a 4th year medical student working as a medic in the Health Lodge, and I was there working as a manager in the Trading Post. That was not how I had planned to spend the summer of my senior year of college. I reluctantly agreed to travel to NM as a favor for my Dad who didn't want my younger brother, Travis, to travel from GA to NM alone. I was less than thrilled to spend the summer working around a bunch of boy scouts out in some remote part of the country.
I guess it was for the best though because here we are 9 years later - married with 2 kids. Crazy how life works out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We capitalize the words Boy Scout and Scouts in the Scouting world.
I send her to meet an older Doctor to offer her a job.
Ask Shannon to post Anh's hiking trail picture on one of there next dates.
GF
Oh no, that wasn't on one of our dates. I wasn't even present for that picture, thank goodness!
And, be honest. You just wanted me to meet a Scout. The fact that I met a doctor was just an added bonus. ; )
The 20th
*Shannon's first date
*Shannon's mother and father's first date
*Shannon's mother's birthday
*Shannon's father's birthday
*Shannon's mother and father's anniversary
And now, we have to add Baylor's b-day. That's why 20 is always my Powerball number.
Post a Comment