Anh called the landlord and spoke with him after hearing my side of this afternoon's conversation and learning of the threat to issue us a 3-day notice. Now, we would never, ever stoop to our landlord's level, but Anh felt like it was time we started speaking his language.
First, the landlord said, "I think I upset your wife." Geee! Ya' think?! He then went on to explain that we were "forcing" him to serve us with papers by not reissuing a check for November. Anh calmly explained that he knew the landlord was well within his rights to serve us with a notice, but also expressed that he would personally hate to see that happen because it would "force" us to file a lawsuit seeking reimbursement for moving expenses (both in & out) and repayment for all the fees that we were required to pay to connect utilities.
Anh also shared with the landlord that our attorney considers our case a "slam dunk" given that we have extensive documentation of the fraud that was perpetrated against us. I saved every single email that was ever exchanged and every single document that was sent to us related to the rental and foreclosure, right down to the very first email that I sent inquiring about the house. That email is clearly dated and proves the landlord rented to us 2 months after he stopped paying the mortgage. That according to our attorney is all the proof the need. Everything else will just serve as evidence of the landlord's character or lack there of.
Needless to say, the landlord suddenly became a little less hostile in his attitude towards us. I wish I could say that my attitude towards him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Shannon! Catching up on blogs and I just wanted to say I LOVE your new haircut!
Post a Comment