I have to admit that Anh and I are currently battling an issue that we didn't expect with boys. We are in a standoff with Jax over pants. Yes, pants. Evidently, pants are the ultimate evil and should be avoided at all costs. It's not that Jax wants to run around in his undies. He just refuses to wear long pants or jeans, only shorts. Wardrobe battles are something I hear about often from my friends with girls, but I never expected my boys to have an opinion.
We never had a problem in the past. Otherwise, I would never have wasted my money buying him 4 new pairs of pants & jeans. Instead, I would have invested in one pair of pants to get us through the occasional cold snap. After all, I realize that we live in Florida and that shorts can pretty much be worn year-round. However, I was unaware of Jax's new aversion to pants. I bought new pants, and dang it, I'm going to get my money's worth out of those pants!
Jax has whined his way out of wearing pants twice now. We had a "cold" snap where the temperature dropped into the 60's about 2 weeks ago. I know! The 60's...break out the parkas! And, people did! I'm not kidding either. Not, Jax though. He threw the biggest fit when I tried to make him wear pants to school, and I caved. It was early, and I had not pumped myself full of caffeine. I was in no mood to do battle, and it was only 60, after all. Fine, wear a sweatshirt.
When I picked Jax up that afternoon, he was the only kid not wearing pants. What kind of terrible mother am I? I sent him to school in shorts on a frigid 60 degree day! At that very moment, I decided I was not going to cave next time.
So, fast-forward to this past weekend. Anh and I were getting both boys ready to go shopping, and call me crazy, but I just didn't want Jax to wear shorts while we were shopping for Christmas presents. I don't care that it's 70 degrees outside! I want to at least pretend it's cold...okay cool. Well, Jax wasn't happy about my ridiculous idea. He did not want to wear pants. My strategy...lie. Yep, I lied and told him that all of his shorts were dirty, and if he wanted to go with me to Toys R Us, he better get over it and put on his pants. Victory! Jax's hatred of pants was not strong enough to keep him from his absolute favorite store.
So, now the score is even, one victory for each of us. Both won because of shady tactics. Him - whining. Me - fibbing. It's a dirty war!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment