Today, I had to speak with the two directors at Jaxon's school about some inappropriate language that Jax has been using lately. I told Ms. P & Ms. J that Jax had first uttered the offensive phrase a couple of weeks ago, and at the time, both Anh & I chose to look the other way. We felt that it was best to ignore the comment, rather than make a big issue out of it. However, Jax has repeated the phrase on more than one occasion, even after we told him it was inappropriate and that we don't say things like that in our house.
Given the seriousness of the issue, Anh & I both felt a need to bring it to the school's attention. Of course, Ms. P & Ms. J looked bewildered and concerned. Ms. J mouthed, "What did he say?" because Jax was standing right next to me, and she knew I was probably hesitant to repeat the offensive language in front of him. I told her, "Honestly, I hate to repeat it. It's that bad." Then, Ms. P & Ms. J really looked scared.
I leaned forward and whispered, "Jaxon said 'Go Gators!' and that is just unacceptable. I know he's being brainwashed with that propaganda here at school." As soon as I uttered the words, they both let out a huge sigh of relief and simultaneously erupted into laughter. I had them so worried, and rightly so because I'm worried. As a proud UGA Bulldog & KU Jayhawk household, the last thing we need is talk like that coming from our kids.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment