I think everyone saw this bump coming though. Mr. Shady, our landlord, had yet another trick up his sleeve and managed to stall the foreclosure. When all else fails, declare bankruptcy. Evidently, that will work in most cases. For now, we are back in a holding pattern, waiting to see what will happen in a few weeks/months. From what we've been told, declaring bankruptcy will only delay the inevitable.
After confirming the foreclosure auction was cancelled and that the property remains in Mr. Shady's name, I did cancel our original November rent check and forward a replacement to the post office box designated in our lease. I also sent Mr. Shady and his associates a formal letter stating that all future communication will be written. Under no circumstances are Mr. Shady or his associates to call our house because we will not answer or respond to messages that he might leave.
Mr. Shady immediately tried to call after receiving my letter. I guess he thought I was kidding or something. Obviously, we didn't answer, and the next morning I discovered a nice "apology" letter in my in-box. Well, I'm glad you're sorry, Mr. Shady. You should be. It doesn't change the fact that you are a scam artist. Oh and in true scam artist fashion, at the end of his "apology" letter, he requested that I send December's rent early. Ummmm...Yeah...I'll get right on that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment