Monday, November 2, 2009

Change

I bet you think I'm going to write about "falling back." However, I'm actually referring to my hair. I know. I know. You're probably thinking, "Oh great! That's exactly what I want to read about, her hair." Oh well. Every blog post can't be a winner.

Anyway, it was time for a change. I've been wanting to cut my hair for a while now, but I just never made the time, probably because I wasn't sure what exactly I wanted my new style to be. However, Halloween pretty much forced me into action because I couldn't fit my long hair under the "Kate" wig I purchased for Friday's costume party.

The cut ended up being pretty drastic. I chopped off almost a foot of hair! It was a pretty shocking reveal when my stylist spun me around in the chair to see the new me in the mirror. After a moment of self doubt, I decided I loved it. I wanted change and that's what I got!

When I went to pick up Baylor after my appointment, he didn't recognize me at first. It wasn't until I spoke to him that he realized it was me and waddled over. He looked up at me and laughed. It wasn't the reaction I was anticipating and made me question my new style. Laughter? That's not good is it? Oh well, at least it wasn't as bad as the time my mom (aka Grandma) got a perm, and my little sister (aka Aunt Kelly) cried in terror because she didn't recognize her own mother. Kelly was 2 or 3 at the time. Baylor's reaction was pretty mild by comparison.

You can always count on Jax to be dramatic though. As soon as I walked into his classroom at the end of the day, he looked at me with disgust and said, "Why is your hair all crazy?" I did my best to smile while asking, "Don't you like my new hair cut, Jax?" He looked me dead in the face and said, "No. You NEED to put your hair back down." Again, not the response I was looking for.

I guess it's true...you can always count on kids for honesty. So, of course, now you all expect a picture. Well, let's just say I've been a little camera shy thanks to my sons. I'll try to share a picture in the near future, after a few therapy sessions.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Can't wait to see it. I bet it looks great (what do guys know about hair anyways, even little guys???)

Annie said...

Pictures! We want to see pictures, hot mama!!