I don't know what I was thinking, but today, I decided to drag the training potty out of storage and introduce it to Baylor. Boy, was he excited! It seemed like he knew exactly what it was. I set it up right next to the big potty, and Baylor immediately tore off his diaper and sat on it. See! I told you he was bright.
Baylor sat on his new potty with a grin that stretched from ear to ear. After a few minutes with no action, he leaned forward and reached for some toilet paper. Good idea, son. It's good to be prepared. Another few minutes passed, and then, I decided it was probably time to wrap up our first visit with the new potty. Well, Baylor does not like to be rushed. He was not ready to call it a day.
So, Baylor and I sat for another 5 minutes. Still no action. I did my absolute best to assure him that there would be many more opportunities to sit on the potty in the future. I guess Baylor didn't believe me because he was adamant that he was not parting ways with his potty. Finally, it occurred to me that he needed something just as new & exciting as the pint-sized potty to lure him out of the bathroom. The solution...pull-ups. I just happened to have a few on hand. Sure enough! Baylor proudly donned his new big boy pull-ups and strutted out of the bathroom.
Hopefully, today's little experiment won't blow-up in my face. We certainly are not ready to move on to pull-ups full time. At least, I don't think so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment