Tuesday, December 2, 2008

He Can Read

Sometimes Jax just amazes us. Sunday night we went out to eat sushi, and Jax now insists on looking over the menu when we're at a restaurant. We usually just hand him a menu to appease him, but it turns out he might very well be reading it.

We always go over the kids' options with him, but this particular restaurant doesn't really have a kids' menu. I started naming menu items that I knew he would like, primarily stir-fried rice dishes. Suddenly, Jax blurted out, "I want noodles."

Now, Jax does like noodles, but 9 times out of 10 if we're eating Asian food, he wants rice. I knew when the noodles came out, he was going to see one of us eating rice and want the rice. So I told him, "Jax, they don't have noodles." He looked up at me with confusion and said, "Yes, they do. See!" and then he pointed to a small section of the menu labeled "Noodles." We were all shocked! Needless to say, we ordered him the noodles. There's no fooling him!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! That is awesome : )