I'm already suffering from Disney withdrawal. It truely is a Magic Kingdom where you can put reality aside for a bit and enjoy an idyllic fantasy world. Some of my favorite memories are from our first few hours.
I don't think I'll ever forget the feeling I had as we made our way around the HUGE Christmas tree at the entrance square and looked down Main Street towards Cinderella's castle. Even the Grinch would have been moved by beautiful holiday decorations. Disney knows how to set the mood!
At the end of Main Street, we paused to take some pictures in front of the castle. To put it simply, the castle is the kingdom's centerpiece, and it is BEAUTIFUL...straight out of a storybook.
And, it's even more impressive after sunset when it's illuminated with millions of twinkling lights. Throw in a spectacular nightly fireworks display complete with a real life Tinkerbelle flying overhead, and you can see why people call it the "Happiest Place on Earth."
We were all impressed by the fireworks spectacular, but no one more than Baylor. It was a jaw-dropping moment for him every single night. In fact, it was so impressive, he actually clapped for the first time ever after seeing them for the first time.
The magical evening came to a close as we walked back down Main Street to take the Monorail home, and it began snowing. Okay, it wasn't really snowing. We were in Florida, after all, but through Disney magic we were treated to a white Christmas.
Truly an evening that I will never forget!
2 comments:
Wow! Looks like you guys had a great time!
Looks like you had a blast! I miss it already. can't wait to hear more about it!
Post a Comment