Technically, he did help with decorations our first Christmas together. That was the year we decided to go out on a farm and cut down our own live tree. And that, folks, is exactly why we have had an artificial tree every year since. What a mess! To make a long story short. I like a grand tree. That year, grand equaled a 14-foot tree in a house with 12-foot ceilings. We only discovered the extra 2 feet of height after nearly wedging the pleasantly plump tree in our front doorway. No more real trees for us.
Back to the present...After putting the tree together, I kind of lost my motivation. We'll blame the tryptophan in the turkey. The decorations went untouched until Saturday when I started decorating the tree. Jax wanted to help, but it was hard for him to do much because the tree is so big. That's when I had a grand idea.
Jax and I had a great time decorating the little tree today. It's pretty gawdy, to say the least. Jax didn't believe me when I told him that we didn't actually have to put every single ornament that came in his kit on the tree. He wanted to go all out! It does look nice in a very flamboyant kind of way. As we were decorating, Jax kept referring to the tree as his, and I would correct him each time by saying that it was his and Baylor's. Never once did Jax refer to it as anything but his though.
Jax wasn't being a complete scrooge, however. He very generously gave Baylor his hand-me-down tree from last year. So thoughtful! At least, Baylor didn't seem to mind. It was new to him.
No comments:
Post a Comment