Sunday, December 7, 2008

Another First

Today Baylor gave himself his very 1st black eye! Not a fun milestone, but I guess it was bound to happen eventually. He earned his shiner while trying to "cruise" from the couch to the end table. I guess walking around the ottoman and along the couch had become to mundane and boring, and as a result, Baylor decided he would try to move on to the armchairs. Only it turns out that the end table he was using to bridge the gap isn't quite as nice to bounce off of when you lose your balance.

Interestingly enough, we discovered that in addition to being adventurous Baylor is a glutton for punishment too. After crying for a minute, he crawled back over to the same end table determined to pick up where he left off. And, wouldn't you know, he fell again. I don't know whether the black eye resulted from fall 1 or 2. I guess the real question should be why we didn't stop him from the 2nd attempt given what happened the first time? I don't really have an answer for that one except to say because we thought he could do it. Bad Parents! Must remember that he's only 6 1/2 months old!

I would have taken a picture, but the camera battery is dead and the charger has mysteriously gone missing. I think I know a certain 3-year old that might know its whereabouts, but he's currently sleeping. My interrogation will have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments: