We finally made it to one of the cheesy tourist mini golf courses this weekend. I have been telling Anh pretty much since we moved here that I wanted to take Jax to one of the courses, but it just never happened. I'm sure you're all shocked at Anh's lack of interest in mini golf. As usual, I was the driving force behind our crazy family outing.
Well we FINALLY made it, and now I fear we will become regulars. Jax LOVED it, and he did surprisingly well. Out of 18 holes, he made par on 4 and bogied 2. Pretty impressive for a 3 year old's first mini golf outing! He also appears to definitely be a leftie when it comes to putting.
After allowing Daddy to demonstrate the appropriate putting technique on the first hole, Jax wanted zero help. In the event that you take him for a golf outing in the future, do not even think about rushing him and certainly don't touch his ball at any point. He wants to do it all on his own. I tried to hurry him along on one difficult hole because there was a crowd forming behind us (all of which seemed impressed by the young golfer's skills). I may have "slightly" nudged his ball into the hole when he missed the putt by the slimmest of margins, and he immediately scolded me. He said, "No, Mommy. I want to do it." I responded, "Jax, you did do it," and he immediately corrected me, "No, Mommy. You did it!" He then proceeded to take the ball out of the hole and reputt his last shot, making it that time on his own. What a perfectionist!
Jax is already begging to go back to play "pirate golf," and I think Anh is eager to to redeem himself. He seemed quite disappointed to have lost the round to his wife by 2 strokes. I'd say we both have room for improvement though. We finished up with less than impressive scores. Anh was +14, and I was +12. Nothing to really brag about! ; )
Well we FINALLY made it, and now I fear we will become regulars. Jax LOVED it, and he did surprisingly well. Out of 18 holes, he made par on 4 and bogied 2. Pretty impressive for a 3 year old's first mini golf outing! He also appears to definitely be a leftie when it comes to putting.
After allowing Daddy to demonstrate the appropriate putting technique on the first hole, Jax wanted zero help. In the event that you take him for a golf outing in the future, do not even think about rushing him and certainly don't touch his ball at any point. He wants to do it all on his own. I tried to hurry him along on one difficult hole because there was a crowd forming behind us (all of which seemed impressed by the young golfer's skills). I may have "slightly" nudged his ball into the hole when he missed the putt by the slimmest of margins, and he immediately scolded me. He said, "No, Mommy. I want to do it." I responded, "Jax, you did do it," and he immediately corrected me, "No, Mommy. You did it!" He then proceeded to take the ball out of the hole and reputt his last shot, making it that time on his own. What a perfectionist!
Jax is already begging to go back to play "pirate golf," and I think Anh is eager to to redeem himself. He seemed quite disappointed to have lost the round to his wife by 2 strokes. I'd say we both have room for improvement though. We finished up with less than impressive scores. Anh was +14, and I was +12. Nothing to really brag about! ; )
No comments:
Post a Comment