Not that there was ever any doubt in our minds, but this past week has definitely convinced us that we are loved. It has seriously felt like Christmas around here because we've been showered with gifts! I have no explanation for our friends' and family's generosity, except for that they love us.
It all started with the arrival of brand new KU gear from Diane in Wichita. She treated us to some Final Four Champion t-shirts, which I know was tough because she's a loyal K-State Wildcat. Talk about a treat and going out of her way! Then, as if they sensed they were possibly being outdone, more KU gear arrived from Jim and Allison in Lawrence. They sent us Orange Bowl Champion shirts and Final Four Champion shirts. They even included an outfit for the baby. We are seriously spoiled! I don't think I've seen Anh this excited about gifts in a while. His Jayhawk pride was apparent.
It all started with the arrival of brand new KU gear from Diane in Wichita. She treated us to some Final Four Champion t-shirts, which I know was tough because she's a loyal K-State Wildcat. Talk about a treat and going out of her way! Then, as if they sensed they were possibly being outdone, more KU gear arrived from Jim and Allison in Lawrence. They sent us Orange Bowl Champion shirts and Final Four Champion shirts. They even included an outfit for the baby. We are seriously spoiled! I don't think I've seen Anh this excited about gifts in a while. His Jayhawk pride was apparent.
By midweek, yet another package had arrived. This surprise was specifically for Jax. His Great Aunt Glenda and Great Uncle Robert in Texas had sent some super cute animal-themed water toys. Jax was so excited he immediately wanted to take a bath to use them. Only then did he discover just how much fun they could be. Who knew soaking Mommy & Daddy with squirt toys could be so funny.
Then Grandfather and Grandma arrived later in the week and, as usual, treated Jax to some presents, but you already know most of this from my previous post. I should mention though that his favorite gifts from them were the Cars characters Darrell Cartrip and Bob Cutlass. As a special treat, they shared the news that Aunt Glenda and Uncle Robert had decided that we all needed special treats.
As you already know, Jax got a Cars video game that he is still completely obsessed with. The baby was treated to his very first swimsuits (pictures to follow this summer), and we were treated to a brand new point-and-shoot Canon camera. I was beyond thrilled because we have two cameras, another Canon point-and-shoot and then a digital SLR, but both are used by Anh during the day for work. This makes it hard for me to take pictures for the blog. So the new camera is kind of a present for everyone that reads too (okay, I realize that's a stretch)!
I thought it only appropriate to send out a HUGE thank you to everyone for thinking of us! We didn't need any of it, but we LOVE all of it and love you for thinking of us!
1 comment:
WAVE THE WHEAT!!!!!!
Post a Comment