So I've been complaining for months about the ridiculous gas prices in Florida. Each week when I fill up my SUV, spending at least $75, I swear that I will choose a vehicle with better gas mileage the next time around. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE my LR3. I really do. I think it's the best vehicle in the world, except for the gas mileage. It suits all of my needs and I feel cool driving it which is, of course, the most important factor. Kidding, sort of.
Anyway, over the last few weeks, I've been car shopping because my lease is about to be up. I made it my mission to specifically look at hybrids. I was determined to become a reformed gas-guzzler and turn over a new leaf as a tree-hugging, environmentally conscience consumer. Well, let's just say that things didn't go as planned. I was so underwhelmed by the hybrid options currently on the market. They either look too "spaceship-like", are too small for hauling around the kids and all the stuff that comes along with kids, or they were so ridiculously expensive that it seemed silly to buy them because you wouldn't be saving any money.
So what did I end up getting you might ask? I really went out of my comfort zone, and ended up getting my exact same LR3 except the newer model! I just couldn't bring myself to spend outrageous money each month on a car payment for a vehicle that I didn't love. Makes sense, right? Okay, maybe not, but that's how my mind works. It makes sense to me and that's what matters. Oh, and for all you tree-hugging, environmentally conscience consumers out there that I've probably outraged, I promise to go green on my home purchase. Oh, and I recycle! So there! ; )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's awesome! I didn't know you got a new car. I bet you're loving it!
Post a Comment