Jax regularly demonstrates just how observant he is of our behaviors. He uses many of the same phrases that we do. For example, this is how he answers his fake cell phone. First, Jax will let out a long sigh. Then he'll pretend to answer the phone and say, "Dr. Vu." He pretends to listen to someone on the other end of the line. Then he hangs up, sighs again, and says, "I have to go in," followed by yet another long sigh. Now you all know exactly how thrilled Anh is take emergency call. Jax also answers his pretend cell, "What's up, Jackass?!" I'm sure you can guess which parent he's imitating then too. And, yes, we realize this is terrible!
Jax will also mimic many of our mannerisms. Again, not always a good thing, but on occasion it's a GREAT thing. For example, Anh has recently complained to me about some new behaviors Jax is demonstrating in the car on the way to school in the morning. When approaching any red light or stop sign, Jax instructs Anh to, "Stop!" He also tells Anh when to turn right and when to turn left, in case after 9 months he should forget how to get from our house to Jax's school. I take great pride in the fact that Jax has picked up on his father's need for instructions while driving. This way I don't have to worry about Anh being clueless on how to operate the vehicle when I'm not in the car. ; )
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love how he answers his cell phone on call! Hilarious!
I think the loud sigh when taking call is something they learn in med school.
Do you have this one on camera?!
Post a Comment