So Uncle Al, Anh's 19 year old brother, along with 2 friends made the trip down from Georgia for Spring Break 08. They arrived yesterday, just in time for the National Cheerleading Championship which brought 8000 college cheerleaders to town. Didn't that timing work out well for them?!
Thinking that the guys probably wanted to check out the "Daytona scene" ASAP, we headed down to the tourist area along the beach for dinner. There were cheerleaders (each of them with a bow as big as their head) for as far as the eye could see. I'd say the guys were pleased with their decision to come down, even after accidentally taking the wrong exit and adding 3 hours to their 5 hour trip.
Jax is thrilled to have some "friends" visiting, and the guys have really made him feel like part of the gang. He got to stay up late and party with the boys last night, and did his best to remain patient while waiting for them to come downstairs this morning. I spent the morning dragging out all of the beach gear, and then with the guys' help I put the top down on the Jeep. Yes, we agreed to lend them Anh's Jeep so they could cruise the strip in style. Let's hope they don't do anything to make us regret our generosity!
Well the time comes for them to depart for their beach adventure. I tell Jax to wave goodbye, and they drive off for a day of fun in the sun. I look down at Jax, and his face said it all. He was crushed over having been left behind. I told him that the guys just needed to have some "big boy time" and that we'd see them later for dinner and ice cream. That didn't resolve anything in little Jaxon's mind. The tears started to flow and his crying was clearly the result of a broken heart. He was just so sad to not be heading out with his "friends." It was the saddest thing I've seen in a while.
We'll have to do our best to come up with some fun plans for this evening that will thrill both the big and little boys in the group. And sadly for the college kids, the family may be tagging along on tomorrow's beach trip. We'll just sit yards apart so as not to cramp their style. ; )
Thinking that the guys probably wanted to check out the "Daytona scene" ASAP, we headed down to the tourist area along the beach for dinner. There were cheerleaders (each of them with a bow as big as their head) for as far as the eye could see. I'd say the guys were pleased with their decision to come down, even after accidentally taking the wrong exit and adding 3 hours to their 5 hour trip.
Jax is thrilled to have some "friends" visiting, and the guys have really made him feel like part of the gang. He got to stay up late and party with the boys last night, and did his best to remain patient while waiting for them to come downstairs this morning. I spent the morning dragging out all of the beach gear, and then with the guys' help I put the top down on the Jeep. Yes, we agreed to lend them Anh's Jeep so they could cruise the strip in style. Let's hope they don't do anything to make us regret our generosity!
Well the time comes for them to depart for their beach adventure. I tell Jax to wave goodbye, and they drive off for a day of fun in the sun. I look down at Jax, and his face said it all. He was crushed over having been left behind. I told him that the guys just needed to have some "big boy time" and that we'd see them later for dinner and ice cream. That didn't resolve anything in little Jaxon's mind. The tears started to flow and his crying was clearly the result of a broken heart. He was just so sad to not be heading out with his "friends." It was the saddest thing I've seen in a while.
We'll have to do our best to come up with some fun plans for this evening that will thrill both the big and little boys in the group. And sadly for the college kids, the family may be tagging along on tomorrow's beach trip. We'll just sit yards apart so as not to cramp their style. ; )
No comments:
Post a Comment