This weekend my parents, better known as Grandfather and Grandma, came down for a visit. Needless to say, Jax was thrilled to have his best buddy, Grandfather, in town. Despite their 57 year age difference, they share almost all of the same interests, and by this I mean toys. For the past year, Jax and Grandfather have bonded over their love of the Disney movie Cars.
With Grandfather's help, Jax has assembled quite a collection of the Cars toys. He has almost all of the characters, but they have yet to find the elusive, Dale Jr. car. So the buddies spent their weekend scouring all of the area's toy stores for him. Sadly, they were unsuccessful, and the search continues. I'm sure living in a city that is obsessed with Nascar doesn't make the Nascar character any easier to find.
The boys did, however, discover a Cars video game for the Nintendo Wii which Jax's very generous Great Aunt Glenda and Great Uncle Robert in Texas decided was something that he deserved as a special treat. I knew Jax would enjoy the game, but I had no idea just how much Grandfather would! Jax had to settle for watching Grandfather "demonstrate" how the game worked for a big chunk of the evening. They stayed up past their bedtimes Saturday night playing and only retired the game for the evening upon Mommy's insistence that Jax brush his teeth and get to bed before MIDNIGHT.
Since he went to bed so late, I figured he would sleep in the next morning. WRONG! At 6:30am, he waltzed into our bedroom asking, "Can I play my game?" Still in a complete daze, we both mumbled, "No" and told him to climb in bed and to go back to sleep for a bit. (Yeah, I realize we lose points for consistency on the whole sleeping in his own bed rule, but we were exhausted!)
Grandfather wasn't much better either. The first thing he said to me this morning was, "Alright, turn on the game for me!" I guess he figured he'd better squeeze in as much play time as he could before he had to go home. I dragged myself upstairs to get him situated, and by the time I came back downstairs, Jax was stumbling out of the bedroom in a half-awake state. I told him, "Grandfather's upstairs playing your game, " and he immediately sprang to attention and sprinted upstairs in what has to be record time. If only I'd had my video camera handy for that!
So, all in all, I'd say it was a fun weekend. You never know what to expect with Grandfather and Grandma in town, but fun is always a given.
1 comment:
Jax is the luckiest kid ever. I see his Cars collection has expanded greatly since Christmas. That's the best dazed expression on his face with the Nintendo!..haha
Post a Comment