Thursday, May 20, 2010

Graduation Day

Jaxon did it! My little boy graduated and is on his way to Kindergarten! He's excited, and we're excited for him. However, I will admit that it makes me a tad bit sad to see my little guy growing up so fast. Kindergarten! That's the real deal...when tardies & absences matter! Oh, and there will be report cards. Report cards...yikes!
On Graduation Day, however, all of the excitement and worry about the future doesn't matter because we are celebrating the progress the children made throughout the school year. They worked so hard and it's time to celebrate their efforts. A's for EVERYONE!!! A's with big gold stars!!! It really was a special day for Jaxon and his preschool classmates. They understand that they will all be scattering in different directions to attend their new schools in the Fall, and they made the most of their final day together. Some kids will stick around for the summer programs, but others will not. Saying good-bye is not easy when you're five. Shoot! I still struggle with it & I'm...well...I'm not five. Let's leave it at that.
(Demonstrating exactly how useful a diploma can be.)
As we say good-bye to preschool, we turn our focus to all the wonderful opportunities in the future. Congratulations, Jaxon! We are so proud of you, but as your parents, we know this is only the beginning of what will be an extremely long list of accomplishments over the next 13+ years of your education. You make us proud, Buddy!
Jaxon's Teacher, Ms. T