Then, I got a call from Anh telling me that there was a slight problem with my truck. He had borrowed it for the day while his car was in the shop for maintenance, and I had spoken to him only 15 minutes prior and everything was fine at that point. What in the world had happened? Fast forward to this...
Anh once again got out of the truck to inspect for damage and that's when he noticed the rear wheels were bent at an odd angle. Again, not a good sign. It would seem that somehow when Anh bumped the barrier, one of the rear wheels was at the perfect angle to somehow get stuck between two concrete pillars and either the wheel or the axle snapped as Anh pulled forward. Basically, Anh had a really bad "curb check" that will do doubt cost a pretty penny to repair. It's just one of those freak things that happens and forces you to ask, "Why me?!" We probably couldn't recreate the damage if we were trying. That's how random it was. Perfect timing and wheel angle/alignment...lucky us! The tow truck driver was amazed by the damage, and of course, the dealer was astounded by Anh's handiwork. They simply couldn't believe the amount of damage caused while moving at the lightspeed of 5 mph.
So, just as we had one car returned, another one is delivered on a flatbed truck. Now, we wait to hear what this is going to cost us. At least, when I write that check, I'll know that it comes with an insurance policy. I no longer have to worry about will happen should I ever have an accident in Anh's beloved truck. He won't be able to say a word. That, my friends, is priceless!
No comments:
Post a Comment