Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Whole Foods

I finally made it to our new Whole Foods. Although, technically, I don't think you can call it new anymore since it's been open at least 6 months. As excited as I am to finally have one near by, I've been avoiding it like the plague because I didn't really trust that I'd be able to control myself in there.

It opened just before Christmas, but I knew I couldn't really sample the offerings because we were heading to Disney for the holiday. Then, after New Year's, I vowed to finally buckle down and try to shed some of the baby weight. Even though, I didn't really commit to the diet until after Easter, I knew up to that point that a trip to Whole Foods would only result in additional pounds to shed later.

Fast forward to today when my local seafood market informed me that they were out of the clams that I needed as the final ingredient for my seafood hot pot dinner. Dang it! What to do? I basically had 2 options, Costco or Whole Foods. Both of which would require a great deal of will power. I figured this was the excuse I was waiting for and headed to Whole Foods.

Holy moly! It's better than I imagined! I can honestly say that it was borderline torture wandering through the store. So many tasty treats, yet nothing that fit within my diet. Well, that's not entirely true. I did leave the store with some light tofu, tuna steaks, the biggest cherries you've ever seen in your life.

Yes, I think I may have a new favorite store! Someone come visit & give me an excuse to go back!

No comments: