Sunday, June 28, 2009

Catch-Up

Boy! Time has really gotten away from me! I don't know whether to blame our busy schedules or possibly the summer heat (aided by the lack of air-conditioning in 2/3 or our home), but I'm so tired at the end of the day, too tired to blog. As a result, I have lot to catch you up on.

Last Thursday, the boys and I had a play date with Hayden, Hudson, and their mom, Lisa. We drove to their house and then enjoyed lunch on the veranda at the country club. Let me just tell you, that is something I could used to! The food was delicious, the company delightful, and our view, overlooking the golf course, divine. With the temperature climbing, we decided to abandon our lovely luncheon and head to the pool.

Jaxon and Hayden explored the "big pool" with the older kids, while Lisa and I set up camp next to the baby pool. By this point in the day, Baylor was quite cranky thanks to missing his routine nap. He was basically alternating between meltdown tantrums over being in the water vs. out of the water, only taking a break occasionally to topple over in the pool and test my lifesaving skills. He didn't seem to understand the concept of standing back up after falling face-first into the water. I am joking by the way, about the near drowning part. There was no CPR that afternoon. Thank goodness.

After about an hour, we decided to call it a day and head back to their house. Hudson had decided to follow Baylor's lead with the tantrums which pretty much forced Lisa and me to admit defeat. Luckily, Hayden and Jax don't care where they are as long as they're together. They didn't mind that we were abandoning the pool once they learned they would be able to continue playing at home.

Little did I know, it was back at their house that the true craziness would begin. Hudson went down for a nap immediately. Baylor magically snapped out of his crabby mood (Maybe it was the air conditioning?), and Jax & Hayden disappeared into her room to play. Now, when Hayden comes to our house, she is limited to "boy" toys, like Cars and monster trucks, swords and shields, dinosaurs, etc. Playing house involves toy power tools and camping sets.

However, the reverse is definitely true at her house, and I now have photographic evidence that I'm sure the boys will appreciate in the future. Jax is forced (although I must admit, there really isn't much strong-arming involved) to endure any and all things pink and frilly. Oh, and this time, Baylor got in on the action.

No comments: