Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Transitioning

Anh and I are home and doing our very best to transition back into our daily routines. Let's just say it ain't easy! I don't know why, but it's getting harder and harder to adjust our internal clocks to different time zones. I hate to admit it, but it's probably a sign of age. That's so sad!

Grandfather and Grandma didn't look worn out at all after their 3 days alone with the boys. I must say, I'm quite impressed with their ability to keep up with my two rowdy kids. From the stories they shared, it sounds like they had just as good a time here in Florida as we did in Las Vegas.

They did have a little excitement to report though. One of our neighbors up and moved out over the weekend. Their house is owned by the same landlord. I guess they found a suitable alternative for housing and decided to go ahead and move. They claimed to have knowledge that the foreclosure was about 30 days away, but after checking their sources, I can't say that I found any evidence to support their claims. I guess we'll see what happens. Anh checked with our real estate attorney, and he assures us that the legislation passed in May ensures we can stay in the home up to 90 days after our lease terminates. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that's true because I have yet to find a house to buy or rent that I like as much as this one.

The excitement doesn't end there though. Just as one neighbor was moving out, Grandfather received word of a new one's arrival. Evidently, Mr. Raccoon is not the only one on the prowl after dark. There have been THREE black panther sitings in the neighborhood over the past week or so, and no, I don't mean the political activists. It seems we have one BIG kitty on the loose. I sure hope Mr. Raccoon doesn't tell him about the awesome buffet at my house!

No comments: