Sunday, June 7, 2009

New Neighbor: Round 2

We busted our little friend red handed last night, and let's just say that he's not the friendliest of neighbors. Go figure, given his preference for slinking around after dark in the shadows. It was a relief to discover that the neighbor is, in fact, a raccoon, BUT, at the same time, it was disturbing to learn that raccoons are not the friendly, mischievous little characters portrayed in the movies. At least, this one isn't!

Mr. Raccoon is not nearly as small as I expected, and as I said before, he wasn't looking to make any friends. Then again, maybe I just took his snarling the wrong way. He was especially annoyed when he thought Anh and I were going to come between him and the "free buffet" located in our trash cans. I don't know why he got his imaginary panties in a wad, but it was a little unsettling when he decided to charge us while flashing his pearly whites. I'm pretty confident that he's got some social issues or that he's rabid. Yay! Just what I always wanted, a rabid neighbor!

This is the best picture I could get of him, taken while peaking out from the front door after he charged us for interupting his meal. Issues! I'm telling ya'. This guy has issues!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Molly would have this guy running.
Oliver and Brooklyn wouldn't leave the porch! You want your dogs back?