Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Leveling Off

Baylor's tremendous growth seems to be slowing down or, at the very least, leveling off. Thank goodness! At his 1-year old check-up this afternoon, we learned that Baylor is now 28 lbs! I suspected this though because we recently had to move up to size 6 diapers. The nurse measured Baylor's height while he was laying down, and he's 32 inches long. However, when I measured Baylor at Anh's office, while standing, he's 30.5 inches. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Finally, his head circumference is 18.5 inches, which lands him in the 95th percentile across the board. He's still big, but at least now he's on the growth chart.

Baylor was pretty uncooperative during the physical examination. I think he may actually remember the "unpleasantness" that usually occurs at Dr. N's office because he was on his best behavior until I placed him on the exam table. He wanted nothing to do with that table. I pretty much had to pin him down so Dr. N could check his ears, nose, and mouth. Dr. N eventually admitted defeat and had me place Baylor on the floor where she proceeded to examine him as he strolled around the room checking everything out.

At the end of the exam, Dr. N congratulated Baylor on being in A+ condition, but given that he fought her throughout the entire process, I'm not really sure she would have been able to tell if something was wrong with him. I'd say the sly grin he gave her once he broke free of her hold was enough evidence that he's doing relatively well.

Then, Dr. N reinforced Baylor's now negative view of her office by sending in the evil nurses to prick and prod him. My poor baby got 3 shots, and he was not happy about it. The screams were brief, but ear piercing, and the tears dried relatively quickly, but the frown lingered until we left the building. Sorry, Dr. N. I think Baylor is one smart cookie, and now holds you responsible for your henchmen's actions! We'll just have to cross our fingers that he forgives you before the next round of shots at 15 months.

No comments: