Saturday, April 18, 2009

Good Morning, Boys

Most mornings, I wake up to the sound of Jax "whispering" to Anh, "Dad...Dad, are you awake? Dad...Dad...Dad?" Sounds heavenly, doesn't it? Well, this morning, I woke up to the sound of Jax's voice, but he definitely wasn't in our room. After listening for a few minutes, I concluded that he was upstairs talking to Baylor who was obviously still in his crib. How sweet!

I didn't know whether Baylor had woken up on his own or whether Jax had woken him up, but regardless, it was sweet hearing them interact with one another. That is until a few minutes later when Jax yelled, "Dad...Dad...Baylor got out of his crib! Dad, Baylor fell out of his crib!"

There went my relaxed morning! I jumped out of bed and raced up the stairs. I didn't know what to expect because there was no screaming and crying. When I rounded the corner into Baylor's room, I was the only one panicked. Baylor was just standing in his room like it was no big deal that he had just climbed over the rail and fallen to the ground. Nope, no big deal! Jax pointed to the crib and said, "Mommy, Baylor climbed out and fell down."

I should have been prepared for this. This is about the age when Jax first started climbing out of his crib. I just assumed he was freakishly advanced and devious though. I didn't realize that these abilities or traits ran in the family, and that I would be "blessed" with another escape artist! Yeah, lucky me!

I'm not sure what exactly we plan to do about this. I'm not even really sure that Baylor realizes what he managed to do. He has been trying to climb onto things lately, like the ottoman and couch, but he's never been successful. Climbing up is not easy for him, but clearly climbing down is another thing all together!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh the joys of little boys. I hope I have a while before this starts to happen. HA!!!