Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Hunt Resumes

After an extended break, we've officially resumed our search for a home. We spent Wednesday afternoon touring a bunch of homes in our current neighborhood, and while we did like 2 of the houses, we've decided to keep looking. Nothing was perfect, but we've kind of given up on perfect at this point to be perfectly honest.

The good news is that our landlord doesn't even have a court date yet for the foreclosure thanks to the massive backlog. At least, that's what he tells us. Plus, he's supposedly working with the bank on a loan modification package. BUT, according to the reports I've read, he won't qualify because this house (along with the 29 other rental properties he owns) are investment properties. I guess we aren't really bailing out everyone. It just seems like it!

Anyway, what all this boils down to is that we've still got some time. There's no need to start frantically packing just yet. Who knows maybe we'll actually make it through the 12 month lease. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and the landlord better be crossing his too because I've decided, if we aren't able to live here for the full 12 month term, I will sue him for fraud to recoup my moving expenses, security deposit, and utility connection fees. The attorney I consulted has convinced me that it's a slam dunk case too.

For now though, we'll focus on the positive. Round 4 of Florida house hunting is off to a good start!

No comments: