Wednesday, April 29, 2009

File This Under Crazy

Today, I saw the aftermath of a fender bender in one of our major intersections. As I was sitting at the light waiting for my turn to go, I watched as the car owners pulled pieces of their cars from the roadway, and the responding police officer filled out an incident report. Then, I noticed a 2nd officer off to the side of the road. Actually, he was standing in a ditch.

I thought, "What the heck is he doing? Taking a break while the other guy does all the work?" Wrong! As I was staring at him, trying to figure out why in the world he was standing there doing nothing, I realized he wasn't goofing off at all. He was tracking a GIGANTIC alligator that had obviously just strolled through the intersection causing 1 car to swerve to avoid hitting him. Too bad the driver swerved into another car.

Way to go, Mr. Alligator! After you were relocated, I hope they sited you for jaywalking! Seriously though, I'm sure Mr. Alligator is now on his way to becoming a nice handbag or wallet. It turns out that in Florida, when an alligator is over 4 feet long and wanders into a populated area, they are labeled a nuisance. Trappers are then called for "disposal." Way to go, Mr. Alligator! It's the chickens that are supposed to cross the road! I hope your gator buddies learn from your mistake.

No comments: