Monday, April 13, 2009

Beach Babes

Naturally, we had to spend at least 1 day at the beach during spring break. Luckily, Mother Nature finally gave us a break, at least when it came to the temperature, and we were able to have a little fun in the sun. Although, it was a bit windy. We made the best of it though. Jax was able to work on his kite flying skills.Baylor enjoyed watching the kite's tail dance around in the wind, but the beach toys were what really caught his attention. I thought I was prepared with 2 of everything so there would be no fights, but I only packed 1 "big" shovel. Of course, that would end up being the most popular toy! Next time, I'll bring 5!Jax and Uncle Al were the only 2 brave enough to actually go into the water. It seemed really cold to me, and I wasn't falling for Uncle Al's, "It gets warmer the farther you go out" argument. Yeah right! It gets warmer because you begin to lose sensation in your extremities!Nope, Baylor and I hung out on the beach with the toys. I think we made the right call too. Jax eventually made his way back onto the beach and spent the better part of an hour wrapped in a towel shivering. Poor kid!

No comments: