Yesterday as I was cooking dinner, Jax asked, "Mommy, can I play my new skateboard game?" He was talking about his new Wii game from Grandfather. I agreed, but told him he would have to bring me the remote so I could change the tv's mode.
That's when we discovered that once again the remote was missing. You see, Baylor has learned that "hide the remote" is a fun new game that drives the family bonkers. Two days ago we spent about 45 minutes looking for the dang thing, eventually gave up, and then discovered it OUTSIDE when Anh opened the front door to take out some trash. I have no idea how Baylor managed to get it outside, but somehow he did.
Jax was growing frustrated that he couldn't find the remote, and then he was really frustrated because I couldn't help him while cooking. I told him, "It's okay, Jax. Daddy will help you look when he gets home in a little bit." The next thing I knew, Jax was standing next to me holding my cell phone and asking, "What's his number?"
At first, I said, "Buddy, go put Mommy's phone away." Then, I thought about it and remembered that we had just taught Jax Anh's cell number in case of an emergency. I said, "Why don't you tell me Daddy's number. You know it." Jax paused and tried to remember. Clearly, we need to go over the number again. Then, when he couldn't come up with the number, he said, "Why don't we text him instead!" Very smart, Jax. Except, you still need to know his number.
By this point, I was quite impressed with both boys' level of ingenuity. Of course, that's when Jax really took it to a new level. Out of the blue, he said rather emphatically, "Mommy you're the boss, right? Not Daddy!" My kid is so obviously a genius. That's right, son! Mommy's the boss!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment