Sunday, October 5, 2008

Family Portrait

I guess Jax was inspired yesterday by our efforts to take a family photo. Today, he decided to work on a family portrait. First, he drew (with a little help) Mommy, Daddy, and Jaxon. Then, he said, "I wanna' to draw Baby Baylor crying." After adding Baylor, he presented me with what I thought was the completed masterpiece. After admiring his work, I offered to hang it on the fridge, but he took the picture back and said, "No, I'm not done."

He disappeared back into the office, and I overheard the following, "Daddy, I wanna' draw Aunt Nguyen and Uncle Al with a big head." Again, he presented me with the drawing and after admiring Uncle Al's big head, I again offered to display the picture. His response,"Nope. It's not done yet."

Jax rushed back into the office and said, "I wanna' draw Uncle Travis and Aunt Kelly." After about a minute of silence, I heard Jax say, "Wait. Where's Matt?" To which Daddy responded, "Aunt Kelly isn't friends with Matt anymore." That was followed by another period of silence, and then Jax said, "Oh, okay." Whew! Glad we didn't have to go any further with that explanation.

Once again, Jax presented me with the evolving family portrait, but sensing a trend, I didn't offer to display the picture. I simply asked, "Aren't you going to draw Aunt Emily and Uncle Kyle?" "Oh yeah," was his response. He took off for the office again. "Daddy, I wanna' draw Aunt Emily and Uncle Kyle with glasses." Finally, the masterpiece was complete and deemed ready for display.

Top row, left to right: Uncle Travis, Aunt Kelly, Uncle Kyle, Aunt Emily.

Bottom row, left to right: Daddy, Jaxon, Baylor, Mommy, Uncle Al, Aunt Nguyen.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's cool of Jax. I made the picture my desktop background!

Unknown said...

So, as I said, I've made this picture my desktop background and then selected for it to be in tile form so that it repeats all over the screen in an organized fashion....anyways all my co-workers have said they love the art and that it repeats in such an advance way that you can't see the seam or where the image begins to repeat. So, Jax has a talent for creating cool desktop backgrounds. Just thought I would share.

I'm the coolest kid at work now!!!

Shannon said...

I had to do it to see what you're bragging about, and it does actually look pretty cool. ; )