The weather was beautiful today, and because the weather was so nice, we thought it would be a good idea to put my parents' 5 dogs (Yeah, FIVE) out on our balcony rather than locking them up in the bathroom when we went out to run errands. We were hanging out on the balcony yesterday, and they really seemed to enjoy the sun and cool breeze. Besides, who would ever enjoy being locked in a bathroom!
We set them up with food, water, and some blankets to nap on (Yes, they're quite spoiled.) and then we left for a few hours. We went drove up to the city, went out to lunch, and did a little shopping. After swinging by to pick up Jax from preschool, we headed home. As soon as we pulled in the driveway, Oscar (my parents' littlest dog, a 5-lb silky terrier) came running up to greet us. Grandfather and I, sitting up front, looked at each with expressions that clearly displayed everything running through our minds...shock, amusement, confusion, worry, fear, and the general thought of, "Oh crap! Grandma, in the backseat, is going to absolutely freak when she sees that he's now on the ground when we left him on the balcony, 20 feet up in the air!"
I jumped out of the car, ran over and picked him up. I had already made a mental note of the fact that he wasn't limping as he ran up to the car, wagging his tail with sheer joy over the fact that we were home. I started feeling all over his body to see if he would yelp in pain, but luckily, nothing. By this point, Grandma was aware that something was going on, but still couldn't quite see what I was holding. I held him up and uttered the words that all kids say when they think the sh*t is about to hit the fan, "Everything's okay!"
And, it was true. Everything was okay. Oscar wasn't injured in any way. I'm not even sure he was aware of the fact that if he was a cat, we would be discussing how many lives he had left. Since, we didn't have to worry about his well-being, the discussion quickly turned to what in the world could have happened. Basically, there's 3 scenarios. He either fell, jumped, or was pushed. Since he's not exactly known for manners or social skills, we've all come to the conclusion to that he was probably pushed. Maybe he'll think twice next time he decides not to share food and to hog Grandma's lap.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
those dogs!
Post a Comment