I voted this morning, and I'm still proudly wearing my "I Voted Early" sticker. Baylor also received an "honorary" voter sticker, but he didn't treasure his as much. Actually, he decided it looked tasty and tried to eat it which led me to take it away. Oh well.
After watching the 11 o'clock local news last night, I headed to the Elections Office expecting a huge wait. Evidently, Florida broke the record yesterday for early voter turnout. Over 10,000 people cast their ballots yesterday at the Election Office.
Well, thank goodness I wasn't so eager to have my voice heard and waited until Day 2. I walked right in, no wait at all. I was curious to see what method Florida now used in the wake of the whole "hanging chad" crisis from past elections. Turns out we draw a line to connect 2 pieces of an arrow next to our candidate of choice. Then you feed your ballot into a scanner that tallies the votes. Easy enough.
So, I've fulfilled my civic duty and exercised my rights. My voice was heard. Now, I just have to sit back and wait to see if it makes a difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment