Monday, October 13, 2008

Get Ready

Grandfather and Grandma are here! Everyone is happy to see them, but Jax was over the moon with excitement. He's been asking ever since the move when Grandfather was coming to see him, and I kept saying "in a few weeks." So when Grandfather finally arrived yesterday, needless to say, Jax was happy to see his buddy. The giant container filled with presents was the icing on the proverbial cake. I swear it was worse than Christmas, but I'm sure you can guess the answer when Grandfather asked Jax, "Did I buy too much?" Not even a moment of hesitation before Jax said, "No."

Mommy and Baylor both got presents too, but nothing like the 3-foot by 4-foot jam-packed tub of goodies that Jax received. That's just fine with me though. I believe that gifts for my kids are gifts for me. No jealousy here. My "real" gift isn't tangible. Grandfather has agreed to help fulfill some of my volunteer hours at the school. The school requires families to put in 10 hours of volunteer service per year, and lucky for me, hanging out with 3-year olds is right up Grandfather's alley.

So get ready, kids! Grandfather is here!

No comments: