That's what I hear all the time now. Jax will wander up to me holding some food item and say, "Is this Mommy's?" Our fridge and pantry are filled with items that have been labeled "Mommy's." They're "diet" items purchased because I'm trying to lose some of the weight I packed on while pregnant.
Almost everything I buy is somewhat healthy. Notice I said "almost" and "somewhat." If there's a sugar/fat free or reduced sugar/fat product right next to the regular version, I'll buy it instead even though it's always more expensive. Why is that by the way? Just because they know dieters will pay it?
Because certain items are what I consider "ridiculously expensive," I tell Jax that they're Mommy's. For example, I have some high fiber cereal bars. Jax has some reduced sugar cereal bars. He's been eating said cereal bars nearly every morning for over a year. He loves them. That is until he discovered Mommy had "special" bars. Now he wants those and only those. What the heck?! Between the cereal and ice cream bars alone, he's costing me a fortune with his newly discovered love for diet foods!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment