Monday, March 29, 2010

Lessons Learned

Sometimes kids say things out of left field that are so profound you're almost left speechless with amazement. Like last night at dinner when Jax looked at me said, "Jesus even loves bad guys. He just wishes they would make good choices." I have no idea why Jax decided to share that little bit of wisdom with me, but I loved that he did. That one statement made me question whether we are making the right choice in switching him to public school next year for Kindergarten as opposed to the Catholic school he currently attends.

Tonight, Jax shared another little story that he heard at school. He told me,"Jesus gave people wine, but he didn't have enough for everyone. So, he gave some people wine and some people water, but he turned the water into wine." Like any good other Catholic, I know the story and responded, "That's right, buddy! Did Jesus also share bread and fish with the people?" Jax looked at me like I was clueless and answered, "No. It was only wine. They were having a party." Oh! Silly me!

1 comment:

stonenoel said...

Hey neighbor,look like you guys have a up coming 'champion'there.
...(n)