Monday, March 1, 2010

SPAM

I know it doesn't technically qualify as SPAM, but it's just as annoying. Actually, it's more annoying. I'm thinking of restricting who can comment on the blog or at least moderating the comments. Over the past few weeks, I've noticed an increase in the number of comments on my older entries and sadly all of the comments have been posted by an individual seeking to advertise something, and let's just say that not of the material would qualify as PG-13.

Up until now, I've never had a problem. I don't mind that strangers read the blog. I don't even mind if they comment, but to use my little blog that pretty much focuses on my two small children as a means to advertise material that isn't appropriate for kids is just wrong. While not everything has been "dirty," I think that there are enough billboards & publications in the world for your advertising. You don't need to use the comment section of my blog! Move on! Find a new gimmick!

So, I'm sorry if the changes are annoying. I really, really, really hope it won't discourage you from leaving comments. I love the comments! I wish there were more! The number of daily visits to the blog has skyrocketed over the past year, but very few people leave comments which leaves me wondering who are these people that are reading about our boring little lives. I'm glad we're interesting or crazy or whatever it is that keeps you coming back. Otherwise, I'd be doing the virtual version of talking myself! Thanks for reading & making me seem less crazy, but please if you're here to advertise, keep your comments to yourself!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

What a bummer that you have to do this. Well, you know I visit often and I love to comment so I will still be here. :)

Shannon said...

It does bite, Amanda. I'm glad the new step won't deter you from leaving me little notes. I enjoy hearing from my peeps! ; )

isis said...

report that to blogger!!!!