Jax's registration papers for the Episcopal school arrived today, and in the welcome letter it states that his uniform will consist of navy pants or shorts and one of the school's logo white t-shirts or polo shirts. I had no idea that he'd have to wear a uniform. It's not a bad thing necessarily. I wore one until 7th grade. It just caught me off guard. Just the idea of uniforms makes this school seem like it will be more strict and challenging. I want Jax to be educated and disciplined, but I also can't help thinking that he's only 3! School should be educational, but fun too. Is a uniform really necessary? I did say that I wanted a "real" school though, not daycare. I guess the uniform definitely paints the picture that it's a school.
Another thing that caught me off guard was that there's a PTO. PTO for preschool?! They meet monthly to plan events and fundraisers. Fundraisers for preschool? What have I gotten us into?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You were raised by a man who went to The Citadel, uniforms. He made your brother and sister join Scouts, uniform. You were a brownie and girl scout, uniform, as well as catholic schools for 5years, uniforms. Your husband wear a uniform everyday. I guess your thinking about voting for Obama, I know he and his friends would want the children to express their personality through clothing and end up with no education. I know! You can sew polo brands into his neck lines.
GF
Correction...I went to Catholic school for 8 years (K - 7th grade). Maybe that's why I had such a strong reaction when I read the word "uniform." I'll leave my presidential preference out of the blog for now.
Post a Comment